Representing the Injured in New Hampshire and Massachusetts
Have you suffered an injury at work? You may be entitled to workers' compensation benefits to help cover the medical costs and other expenses as a result of your injury.
At Zumbado & Associates in Hampton, New Hampshire, our Portsmouth workers' compensation lawyers represent people who have been injured in workplace accidents. We offer a free initial consultation to evaluate your work injury claim and explain your rights.
What Benefits Am I Entitled to Receive?
As an injured worker, you are entitled to the following benefits if you are injured in a workplace accident or suffer from an occupational illness:
- A weekly check during your disability
- Medical treatment and prescription drugs for as long as you need them
- A second opinion if you do not agree with the workers' compensation doctor's diagnosis
- Vocational rehabilitation services or alternative work opportunities if you can't return to your old job
- Reinstatement once you have recuperated from your injury
- Lump-sum settlement for any percentage of impairment that remains after you reach maximum medical improvement
Can I Sue My Employer?
While you cannot sue your employer or anyone who works for your employer, you can file a personal injury suit against any third party who is responsible for your workplace injury. For example, if you are injured in a car accident that occurs while you are working, you may have two injury claims:
- A workers' compensation claim with your employer
- A personal injury claim against the driver of the other car
Talk to a Hampton Work Injury Attorney
To schedule a free initial consultation with a work injury attorney at our firm, call 888-552-6074 or fill out the contact form. If you are not able to come to our Hampton law office in Rockingham County, our lawyers will come to you.